Monday, June 1, 2015

All things in moderation

Since this is my blog I am also the administrator. That means that I have the ability to moderate comments before they appear on the site. There are some discussion sites that block content they feel is not germane to their purposes. I suppose I would do the same if someone started directing their comment to unrelated issues such as politics or vegetarianism since this is not what we do. But I would never block content that challenged my beliefs or the beliefs of other commentators.

The only thing I insist on is civility and as open mind to other viewpoints. So I would like to propose some minimal ground rules.
  • No ad hominem posts. Please do not attack a person for what she or he says or believes.
  • No off-topic posts. Please address your comments to the actual matter at hand.
  • Please start your comments by stating something positive. You can almost always find common ground. And even if you can't, you can thank the person and show that you understand their point of view.
I hope no one finds these guidelines onerous. I genuinely want my thinking to be challenged. I hope you each share that goal.


"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" - Proverbs 27:17 NIV





No comments:

Post a Comment